Position: Restaurant Manager (NOC 0631)
Company: The International Grill Inc
Location: Bay A7 2409 16 Street Didsbury, AB T0M 0W0
Salary: $22.00 / hour
Employment groups: Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Apprentices
Terms of employment: permanent employment, Full time, 35 hours/week
Start dates: soon as possible
Employment conditions: On-call, Overtime, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Night
2 years to less than 3 years
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Large workload
Conduct performance reviews, Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations, Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms, Cost products and services, Organize and maintain inventory
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
Point of sale system, Spreadsheet, MS Office, MS Windows
- Organize and control various departments such as Culinary, Front and back of the house and administration.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations.
- Determine the type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures.
- Monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed.
- Monitor adherence to health, safety and hygiene standards in kitchen and restaurant according to Alberta Health Services and Food Safety standards.
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies.
- Negotiate with clients for catering or bookings.
- Develop, implement and analyze budgets.
- Participate in marketing plans and implementation.
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance.
- Provide customer service.
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns.
- Recruit, train and supervise staff.
- Delegate the necessary authority and create optimum working conditions
- Manage, hire and train employees
- Manage daily employee schedule in coordination with General Manager.
- Be familiar with and ensure compliance with all policies relating to ProServe, AGLC, and all other health and safety regulations / laws in the Province of Alberta.
- To work with the Chief Chef to ensure all health and safety protocols are followed
- To work with the General Manager to ensure compliance with Alberta Labour Law and compliance with all municipal, provincial and federal regulations, as applicable.
- To work with the General Manager to ensure the highest standards including a workplace free from abuse and to make sure the employee handbook procedures and policies is available to all staff and that standard operating procedures are being followed.
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply