Position: Floral arrangements designer (NOC 53124)
Company: KENSINGTON FLORIST PQ LTD o/a Kensington Florist
Location 1145 Kensington Cres NW suite 3Calgary, AB T2N 1X7
Salary$20.50 / hour
vacancies 3 vacancies
Employment groups: Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time35 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
Business and/or industry
Accurate, Excellent oral communication
Area of specialization
Wreaths and swags, Ornaments and accessories
Manage day-to-day business operations
– Design bouquets and select natural and artificial flowers and decorative accessories to create arrangements or other floral items
– Supervise apprentices or other artisans, Sell products on a retail basis
– Design bouquets, corsages, sprays, wreaths and other floral arrangements and select natural and artificial flowers, foliage and decorative accessories to create arrangements or other floral items to suit customers’ requirements.
– Takes special requests for product either in person or over the telephone.
– Counsel’s customers regarding plants and floral care.
– Operates as a lead with the floral clerks, (e.g. trains and simple designs and how to take telephone orders, etc.).
– Understands the basics of floral products, care and handling, plant and flower identification, and can explain products requirements to customers
– Inventories product, evaluates status, cares for damaged product, and replaces where necessary.
– Fills customer orders completely and creates floral arrangements at their request, all in a timely manner.
– Responsible for department in absence of Manager, or Assistant Manager.
– Take orders at the store and online.
– Clean and sanitize the display and the work area
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Repetitive tasks, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Ability to distinguish between colours, Sitting, Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
By email: email@example.com