Positiion: Accounting technician
Employer: Hollyburn Family Services Ltd
· Location: 267 West Esplanade suite 104 North Vancouver, BCV7M 1A5
· Salary: $26.11 hourly / 40 hours per Week
· Terms of employment: Permanent employment Full time
· Day, Morning
· Start date: Starts as soon as possible
· Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits, Other benefits
· vacancies1 vacancy
· SourceJob Bank #2713059
· College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
1 year to less than 2 years
· Urban area
· Ensure data entry is accurate and up-to date.
· Support the preparation of budgets for government contracts by gathering and inputting financial data into internal or external budget templates.
· Support the development of internal budget templates for ongoing operational budgets and ad hoc additional funding requirements under government contracts.
· Input financial data from government contracts to Home Share Provider agreements to ensure compliance with contracts/funding guides
· Maintain all contract records and documentation in an organized and accessible fashion for internal reference or external audits.
· Maintain financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
· Ensure appropriately accounts receivable coding and payment transactions; assist in tracking customer balances.
· Actively pursue accounts receivable collections and update accounts receivable reports.
· Prepare and issue monthly invoices against approved budget government budgets including ad hoc, temporary additional funding for staffing or program start-up costs, or client damage.
· Ensure scheduled staffing hours are consistent with budgeted staffing hours pursuant to government contracts.
· Examine credits and prepare deposits and deliver them to the banks.
· Post journal entries and reconcile accounts.
· Prepare regular accounting reports and assist with reporting and financial analysis, including calculating ratios and trends, as required.
· Assist in calculation and preparation of GST returns and other regular remittances.
· Secure financial information by completing database backups.
· Perform other duties as required.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
· Accounting software
· Human resources software
· MS Excel
· MS Office
Security and safety
· Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
· Attention to detail
· Fast-paced environment
· Repetitive tasks
· Tight deadlines
· Work under pressure
· Time management
· Dental plan
· Disability benefits
· Health care plan
· Vision care benefits
· Life insurance
· Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
· Free parking available
· Learning/training paid by employer
· Team building opportunities
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
· Cover letter
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
· Are you currently a student?
· Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
· Are you willing to relocate for this position?
· Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
· Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
· What is the highest level of study you have completed?
You must sign in to apply for this position.