Position: hotel clerk
Employer: Redwood Inn & Suites
Location: 8117 – 99th St. Clairmont, ABT8X 5B1
Salary: $16.00 / hour
Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Employment groups: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Apprentices
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time30 to 40 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Shift, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours, to be determined
Source Job no.# 2067749
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Judgement, Excellent written communication, Organized, Effective interpersonal skills, Client focus, Excellent oral communication, Team player, Flexibility, Reliability, Dependability
- Greet guests with a smile and answer their questions as required.
- Responsible for checking guests in and out of the Hotel.
- Issues room keys, pamphlets, discount cards, etc.
- Works in conjunction with the bell staff to assist the guest to their rooms.
- Answer various questions from the guests.
- Arranges transportation for guests.
- Computes bills, collect payments and makes changes for guests.
- Make coffee in the morning for guests.
- Arranges for champagne to be sent to rooms when appropriate.
- Runs various reports on the computer for management. Other duties as assigned.
- Count and verify cash, shift activity, keys, gift certificates, and wireless internet cards with departing shift. Complete shift audit as required.
- Print updated in-house, arrival, departure, and room status reports every two hours pending activity. Check telephone interfaces throughout the shift. Check all unresolved departures.
- Review service requests for arrivals.
- Ensure the front desk is stocked with any items guests may require before housekeeping leaves for today. Write all wake-up call requests on specified form enter om switchboard.
- Complete in-house bucket check.
- Complete welcome calls. Clean and tidy front desk area.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- Refer all inquiries to the appropriate individuals, divisions, or departments across the organization.
- Take and record telephone, e-mail, or written messages for staff members.
- As a front-line worker, present a positive and professional image of the organization to all visitors, suppliers, inquiries, and other interactions.
- Provide information to staff and/or clients about special activities.
- Observe and report any security issues to the Hotel Manager.
- Administer and manage inbound/ outbound mail, including priority posts, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Breakfast duties and laundry.
- Performs other duties as required by Management team
Dental plan, Health care plan
How to apply