Vision Interior Construction Inc. is a regional leader in the design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of elevator cabs. We are currently seeking construction labourers to join our team.
Job Title: Construction Labour – Permanent, Full Time (NOC – 7611)
Wages: $22.00 an hour.
Benefits: Group health and dental benefits are available after 3 months.
Location: Office is located at Unit #2 – 512 Sharpe Street, New Westminster, BC V3M 4R2. Work location will be in the Lower Mainland of South-West British Columbia, but will vary depending on project location and construction site.
Language: The language of work is English.
Driver’s license with a good driving record are required. Must be a self-motivated team player with a good attitude. Must be punctual, reliable and possess a highly productive work ethic. Must be able to follow directions and complete assigned tasks.
This is a physical job. Applicants must be able to:
- stand for long periods of time;
- lift 50 lbs (ground to waste height);
- lift 20 lbs overhead;
- work outside in all-weather situations;
- comfortably use construction tools, including power tools and manual tools;
- comfortably work in proximity to load noise (noise protection will be provided).
Construction trades helpers and labourers assist our skilled tradespersons and perform labouring activities at construction sites. Responsibilities will include the following duties:
- Load and unload construction materials, and move materials to work areas;
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks, shoring and barricades required at construction sites;
- Mix, pour and spread materials such as concrete;
- Assist engineers and tradespersons such as carpenters and cement finishers in construction activities;
- Assist heavy equipment operators to secure special attachments to equipment, signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance in other activities;
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites;
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators and tampers as directed;
- Tend or feed machines or equipment used in construction such as mixers, compressors and pumps;
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants;
- Oil and grease hoists and similar equipment;
- Direct traffic at or near construction sites;
- Perform other activities at construction sites, as directed.
Candidates from underrepresented populations, including indigenous people, youth, newcomers and persons with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
For more information on this position or to submit your resume in confidence:
- Tel: 604-521-8004
- Fax: 604-553-3264
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or submit your application by mail to the following address:
Attention: James Palmer
Vision Interior Construction Inc.
Unit #2 – 512 Sharpe Street,
New Westminster, BC V3M 4R2