Employer: Alpenhorn Bistro & Bar
Location: 1261 Main Street Smithers, BCV0J 2N0
Salary: $20 / hour
Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Employment groups: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time30 to 40 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: On call, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours, to be determined
Source Job no.# 2230678
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Dependability, Efficient interpersonal skills, Excellent oral communication, Flexibility, Initiative, Organized, Reliability, Team player
• Supervise activities of specialist chefs, chefs, cooks and other kitchen workers
• Demonstrate new cooking techniques and new equipment to cooking staff.
• May plan menus and requisition food and kitchen supplies.
• May prepare and cook meals or specialty foods.
• Prepare and cook complete meals or specialty foods, such as pastries, sauces, soups, salads,
vegetables and meat, poultry and fish dishes, and create decorative food displays for special
events such as banquets.
• Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food.
• Create new recipes.
• Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff.
• May plan menus.
• May requisition food and kitchen supplies.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Health care plan
How to apply